Monday, November 3, 2008

Giddy up, election day is almost here and OVER! Everybody better be voting :-)

Leeshe gave me some great advice last week which I think I followed pretty well, she challenged me to avoid looking at any blogs or news sites for a day, it resulted in a marked improvement in my attitude and outlook on life. Regardless of how things go, it's great to know that we live in the BEST country in the world, we have the Gospel in our lives, and awesome families. I read a great quote from our Late Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley which really helped pick me up:

I stand here today as an optimist...I realize, of course, that we are best with many tragic problems...I have seen a good deal of this earth. I have seen its rot and smelled its filth. I have been in areas where war rages and hate smolders in the hearts of people. I have see the appaling poverty that hovers over many lands. I have seen the oppression of those in bondage and the brutality of their overlords..I have watched with alarm the crumbling morals of our society.

And yet I am an optimist. I have a simple and solemn faith that right will triumph and that truth will prevail.

Have fun and get out and vote! Check out this dude's blog posting: http://www.arizonaconservatives.org/2008/11/arizona-proposition-102-get-out-and.html

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

good points here. and we have to agree that the peaceful transfer of power here in this country is one of the things that makes it great. no wars over Obama winning. no singling out the republicans and shooting them in the streets for believing differently than the democrats. and super bonus prop 102 passed.